Monday, June 29, 2009

from past to present

While on my daily peruse through the internet, involving the checking of several popular food blogs, I suddenly realised that I hadn't actually posted any of my individual cakes and baking adventures. So here we go.


These are banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting from one of my morning cooking classes. I have them every Wednesday for two hours, starting from 7.30 when my eye lids barely open to 9.30 which is considered my 2nd session. I dread the mornings; the biting cold and terrible sleep deprivation, but in the end it was worth it. I got to make many different meals ranging from meat pies to sponge cakes and its been so much more enjoyable than I'd anticipated.
My mother does not prefer the cakes and sweet treats I like to make and bring home, but out of all my sc
hool creations this is her favourite. I consider that to be quite a job well done.


This is a carrot cake made on the 17th of June from my need of a major baking project. And the whole process was going smoothly until I put it into the oven, and it came out 2 and a half hours later. Now I've most definitely learnt that when a recipe asks for several shallow pans I must not chose the lazy way out and use one deep pan. Though the actual cake turned out rich and slightly moist, just the way I like it.


Well as you can see, I kinda like cupcakes. Actually I love them much more than I'm expressing right now so I guess this isn't the best example.
I apologise for the quality of the photos again; I always happen to take pictures under the dull yellow light of my kitchen. This occurs mostly in a hurry and right before I take a massive bite out of it.
I've tried several different cupcake recipes and they've all been delectable, but I've yet to find a staple recipe that I can alter and still be reassured that it will turn out okay. I don't suppose anyone out there has anything they'd like to recommend to me? :)


And to finish the journey through my short and inexperienced (but hopefully improving) baking life we have a snapshot of a plain sponge cake with cream, jam and some melted sugar which was a toffee shard in a previous lifetime. On the way home from cooking class the poor box container took quite an unnecessary bump and I was lucky that the half-cake still stood upright.

0 comments:

Post a Comment